The Friends of Saint Cecilia’s depend on a continual cycle of parental involvement. As children reach their final year and leave, so do their parents. The school staff and Leadership Team support us in many ways but without parents/carers involvement, we cannot exist so we really need you!
Some of us are full-time parents, some work part-time of full-time – we are certainly not fundraising specialists.
Here are a few reasons why helping the Friends will in turn improve your own and your child’s experience at Saint Cecilia’s:
You will help raise funds for the school and therefore improve your child’s learning experience at Saint Cecilia’s
- Last year alone the Friends helped raise over £8,000 to fund school equipment, trips, classroom resources, which in turn help to improve the pupils learning experience.
You don’t have to spend too much time – any spare time you can give would be a great help
- You can help in a variety of ways – giving up just 30 minutes of your time would help the Friends immensely. Imagine if we could get 30 minutes involvement from every parent/carer– it would make such a difference!
- You don’t have to attend the Friends’ meetings if it is not convenient for you (even though it would be great to see as many of you there as possible!). If you cannot attend, send us an email with your fundraising ideas so these can be discussed at the next meeting.
You will feel more involved and get to meet other parents
- It is a great way to ‘have your say’ and make new fundraising suggestions.
- You will feel more involved in your child’s education and will get to know teachers and support staff in a more familiar setting.
- During each of the Friends’ events you will have the opportunity to meet other ‘like-minded’ parents who have a common goal of improving Saint Cecilia’s.
- And remember, dads are welcome too! In fact, the more the merrier.
No time to get actively involved? Not a problem. Here is how you can support us:
- By attending the events we put on like the Summer Fete or the Quiz Night.
- And if that doesn’t fit in with your plans, you can always donate to the Friends via our Just Giving page: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/friendsofstcecilias
Your children will love to see you play an active role in school
- By getting involved with the Friends, your children will see you becoming more involved in their education in a broad aspect. You will be part of a great community.
Please help the Friends continue to successfully fundraise for Saint Cecilia’s and create a stronger school community. If you would like to get involved – or just hear about what’s going on – please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or via our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/friendssaintceciliaswandsworth/