Saint Cecilia’s has an extremely active PTA, a registered charity run by parents of pupils at the school called the Friends of Saint Cecilia’s. The Friends has two basic aims:
- Fundraising for the school through events and other activities
- Creating a wider school community.
The Friends depends on a continual cycle of parental involvement. As children reach their final year and leave, so do their parents. The school staff and Headteacher support us in many ways, but without parents/carers involvement, we cannot exist so we really need you!
Some of us are full-time parents, some work part-time or full-time – we are certainly not fundraising specialists. Below is a list of a few reasons why helping the Friends will help improve yours and your child’s experience at Saint Cecilia’s.
You will help raise funds for the school and therefore improve your child’s learning experience at Saint Cecilia’s
- The Friends have helped fund school equipment, trips, our playground facilities, classroom resources, to name a few, which will in turn improve every child learning experience
You don’t have to spend too much time – any spare time you can give will be a great help
- You can help in a variety of ways – giving up just 30 minutes of your time will help the Friends immensely. Imagine if we could get 30 minutes involvement from every parent/carer in school – we could make such a difference!
- You don’t have to attend the Friends meetings if it is not convenient for you (even though it would be great to see as many of you there!); if you cannot attend, send us an email or fundraising ideas so these can be discussed in the next meeting.
You’ll feel more involved, meet other parents and will make a difference
- It is a great way to ‘have your say’ and make new fundraising suggestions.
- You will feel more involved in your child’s education and will get to know teachers and support staff on a more familiar setting.
- During each of the Friends events you will have the opportunity to meet other ‘like-minded’ parents who have a common goal of improving Saint Cecilia’s for all.
- And remember, dads are welcome too! In fact, the more the merrier
No time to get actively involved?
Not a problem. Here’s how you can support us:
- By attending the events we put on like the Summer Fete or the Quiz Night.
- And if that doesn’t fit in with your plans, you can always donate to the Friends via our Just Giving page.: https://www.justgiving.com/friendsofstcecilias/
Your children will love to see you play an active role in school
- By getting involved with the Friends, your children will see you getting more involved in their education in a broad aspect. You will be part of a great community.
Please help the Friends continue to successfully fundraise for Saint Cecilia’s and create a stronger school community. If you would like to get involved – or just hear about what’s going on – please contact us on email@example.com