Who are the Friends of Saint Cecilia’s?
Saint Cecilia’s has an extremely active PTA, a registered charity run by parents of pupils at the school called the Friends of Saint Cecilia’s.
The Friends has two basic aims:
- Fundraising for the school through events and other activities
- Creating a wider school community.
There are three main fundraising events each year, one per term, culminating in the Saint Cecilia’s Summer Fete, an exciting community event that takes place in the grounds of the school in July.
If you would like to join The Friends, please email email@example.com so we can add you to our email circulation. We also have a Friends’ group on Facebook – do sign up. https://www.facebook.com/groups/friendssaintceciliaswandsworth/
Summer Fete: on Saturday 1st July from 12 noon – 3pm. The Friends are looking for volunteers to help with this event so, if you can spare a few hours on the day, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Fete Board Sponsor: We are thrilled to announce that our fete board sponsor this year is Your Garden Room. It is a local business and it’s owned by parents from our school, which is such great news! Please check out their website here
You can sign up for a board by sending your address and postcode to email@example.com as soon as possible.
The Friends Meetings: All are welcome to attend the Friends’ meetings. Regular meetings are held to plan all of the events above, discuss other fund-raising opportunities and – when enough money has been raised – to decide how to allocate it for the benefit of the pupils and the school. The next meeting will take place at the Park Tavern, 212 Merton Rd, London SW18 5SW on Thursday 8th June from 7.30pm.
Allocation of Funds:
In 2016 you all helped to raise a fantastic £9000. This money has helped to support your children’s education and school life.
We were able to provide a CAD/CAM sewing machine which is vital for those pupils doing GCSE and A level. New speakers and lighting which enhances all the school productions, money for a foreign language play to be performed in school are just a few of the items funded. Thank you to all the parents who have supported us either by attending the events or via donations. Please view below a completed list of approved funds:
Remember that we can raise funds for the school through www.easyfundraising.org.uk
How to help The Friends of Saint Cecilia’s raise additional funds with Easy Fund Raising
- Start at www.easyfundraising.org.uk. Let’s say you want to buy a book from Amazon. Instead of going to amazon.co.uk, you go to easyfundraising.org.uk first – or you can use the easyfundraising toolbar.
- Make a purchase
- You click from the easyfundraising website through to Amazon to make your purchase. The price of the book is exactly the same as if you’d visited Amazon directly.Get a donation
- After you have bought your book, Amazon will make a donation to The Friends of Saint Cecilia’s as a thank you for shopping with them. easyfundraising collects these donations and send The Friends a cheque, and it costs nothing!To see how it works watch the YouTube video:
- To register and start raising funds for The Friends of Saint Cecilia’s, go to: http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk
- Click on “Support a good cause”. Enter the text exactly as shown below in the text box and click “Find”:
Friends of Saint Cecilia’s Wandsworth, London
Get involved with the Friends!