The Government’s ‘Pupil Premium’ is designed to help children from lower income families and it is allocated according to the number of pupils in a school are eligible for Free School Meals. We receive additional funds for every pupil who is eligible. We will this money to help even more pupils and students to achieve well. Therefore, it is important that all our pupils and students who are eligible for Free School Meals register.
How does it work?
- First, check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, so please look at the list below.
- Registering is quick and easy – if you think you qualify, complete the form at the end of this page.
- If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – your child will get the free meal (saving you more than £400 a year!).
- If you don’t want your child to have the school meals he or she can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still gets extra funding, which will benefit the whole school community.
- It will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Pupils can also register for Free School Meals if they get any of these benefits themselves.
If you feel that you may be eligible for Free School Meals or if you need to re-new your application, complete the online form below (the online form is an easy, secure and convenient way to process your Free School Meals claim):
You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received.
Within 1-5 days you will also receive an email, to either confirm eligibility for Free School Meals, or to ask you to send the school evidence of the benefit you are in receipt of.
Alternatively, you can download the Free School Meals Form , complete and post it to our School Reception, marked for the attention of the Finance Department.
You must re-apply for your child’s Free School Meals at the start of each academic year. We will send you a reminder before your authorisation runs out. However, if your financial circumstances change you must notify the school immediately.
You can use the form above to apply for free school meals for your children who go to this school. If you have children at another school, you must contact that school for a separate form.