Saint Cecilia’s is a Secondary Beacon School for the London South West Maths Hub to showcase the Maths Mastery style of teaching. This status involves regular Maths ‘Open Days’ in which staff from other schools will come and observe best practice in this field.
Saint Cecilia’s Church of England School is delighted to be hosting MEI’s nationally recognised Teaching Advanced Mathematics (TAM) course. This 8-day DfE-funded course is designed to support teachers who are teaching A level for the first time. The course aims to help teachers develop their A level mathematics subject knowledge and pedagogy.
The course includes:
- eight course days focussed on A level Mathematics subject knowledge and pedagogy;
- two developmental lesson observations conducted by subject specialists;
- two years’ access to MEI’s ‘Integral’ online resources and unlimited email support from MEI;
- access to live and recorded online sessions;
- the opportunity to gain Masters level credits when studying the ‘TAM with Masters course’ at one of three university partner institutions.